[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg Basics

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 01:21:45 CET 2013

On date Thursday 2013-01-10 03:34:45 -0800, Frantisek Korbel encoded:
> Dear all,
> please allow to introduce a new book FFmpeg Basics that
> already received several positive reviews from LinkedIn
> groups for video experts, one review is attached.
> Please can you add the next code to the bottom of documentation.html:

> by Frantisek Korbel, describes various FFmpeg features and
> common tasks.</li>

Please create a patch against:
git://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-web

or specify where do you want the link to be put more exactly.

> Please the book style is user-friendly, it contains many
> examples, images and tables and is available in paperback
> and PDF form
> http://www.amazon.com/FFmpeg-Basics-Multimedia-handling-encoder/dp/1479327832
> http://ffmpeg.tv
> Please I know you are busy and this book can save the time
> of developers so that users can find answers to many tasks
> and do not post repeated questions.

In general, I'm not opposed to the idea of a book covering FFmpeg
basics linked from the documentation web page, even if I think that
keeping a printed book up-to-dated with development will be hard. A
review from some FFmpeg developers would be good.
--
FFmpeg = Fostering & Forgiving Merciless Philosofic Enhanced Geisha