[FFmpeg-devel] the libpeony from FFmpeg-on-Android project

Claude Youn claude at insignal.co.kr
Sun Jan 6 20:25:07 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm Claude on FFmpeg-on-Android. FFmpeg-on-Android team keep hear lot's
of voices from many community members and we felt that the structure of
FFmpeg-on-Android is not enought to easy to enjoy FFmpeg library on
Android platform. So, we decied to make new structure from the scratch,
for more familier with current android platform, and minimize
modification both, FFmpge library and Android platform. And we finally
anounce the libpeony!

The libpeony is very easy to use on Android platform with FFmpeg.
Because its form is same as Android external libraries. We already
import for testing into InSignal Origen4 quad platform, which is based
on Exynos4412 Android ICS. And also, you may see our 1st result on
InSignal repo site
(http://git.insignal.co.kr/insignal/android/platform/external/libpeony/).

And also, libpeony can support following features, until now :-
 o Libpeony demuxer
   - andorid demuxer(extractor) using libavformat
   - avi, mp4, mkv, ts & mpg format tested
 o Libpeony ffmpeg audio decoder
   - andorid omx audio decoder using libavcodec
   - aac, mp3 codec tested
 o Libpeony ffmpeg video decoder]
   - andorid omx video decoder using libavcodec
   - h264 codec tested

If you have any interest or any question, please visit google groups,
"https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ffmpeg-on-android" or mail
me(or dr.nitro(dr.nitro at insignal.co.kr) who is the leader of this project).

with Best Regards,
        claude