[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] Pass PRIVATE_STREAM_2 MPEG-PS packets to caller

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 07:24:39 CET 2013

Hi,

In order to improve DVD playback, I need the DVD NAV packets in-sync
with the other audio/video/subtitle packets.  The information is stored
in 'PRIVATE_STREAM_2' MPEG-PS packets (startcode 0x1bf), which are
currently filtered out.

The attached patch adds a new codec ID 'AV_CODEC_ID_PRIVATE_STREAM_2' to
identify these packets.

The contents of these packets is clear for DVDs but looking at the
existing code, it appears that Dreamcast videos (Sofdec) also use this
startcode but for other purposes, so I'm not sure it's feasible to
create any sort of decoder for these packets.  As it is, the patch
simply returns the contents of the packet unchanged.  It is up to the
calling application to process the contents.

All comments welcome.

Richard.