[FFmpeg-devel] RFC] FFmpeg libavcodec/crystalhd.c: Optimize for reduced latency

thomas schorpp thomas.schorpp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:00:03 CET 2013

On 11.02.2013 08:05, thomas schorpp wrote:
> On 06.02.2013 18:17, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> thomas schorpp <thomas.schorpp <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Patch v0.6 against debian ffmpeg-dmo-1.0.1 attached,
>>> sorry git HEAD breaks to many apps on debian stable/testing(?),
>>
>> Could you point us to the trac ticket numbers so these
>> blockers can be fixed?
>>
>> (Committing new features / improvements to release branches
>> is normally not done, I don't know if there is a good reason
>> to do it in this case.)
>>
>>> I cannot submit untested patches.
>>
>> I am not sure I understand: Why can't you test current git
>> head (even without touching your installed libraries)?
>>
>> Thank you, Carl Eugen
>>

> Testing reports: Success for MPlayer2, Failure for MPlayer(1), keep Philip's version for it.
>
> 1. Works with MPlayer(2) with setting Correct PTS = off in SMPlayer 0.6.9 (SVN r3447)

Testing mpeg4_crystalhd and BCM70015 with "MPEG4 Part2" samples
(old buggy vfw or new FFmpeg encoded) with Philip's version in MPlayer1+2
I've got little desynced A/V but using it makes no sense at all because cpu load
(MPlayer process + sys) is the same as with the FFmpeg software decoder
on my Pentium M host.

tom