[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Creating ffmpeg-distmaint mailing list
eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Dec 29 13:17:36 CET 2013
would it be good to have a distribution maintainers mailing list?
I thought about it this way:
Developers interested in fixing problems related to FFmpeg
distribution packages (at least I would) and FFmpeg packagers
would subscribe there.
The packagers would report run-time or build problems related
to their packages. Fixes would be proposed and tested. Proposed
fixes that turned out to work well would be posted to ffmpeg-devel
and the ffmpeg-distmaint list would be notified again once the
patches hit the repository.
My intents are (in *no* particular order)
- lessen the noise of distribution specific topics on ffmpeg-devel
- getting notified earlier and more clearly about distribution problems
- getting proposed patches tested more widely and quickly
- getting fixes into the packages more widely and quickly
- having a means to broadcast things to all (interested) package maintainers
- attract maintainers that do not want to (fully) read ffmpeg-devel / -cvslog
Especially FFmpeg packagers and developers that would be interested
to subscribe to such a list.
Maybe calling it pkgmaint for package maintainers would be ok too.
The exact name isn't so important for now anyway...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ffmpeg-devel