[FFmpeg-devel] mingw-w64 and -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 02:22:16 CET 2013

On 12/12/2013 3:53 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> I think I'd agree. If mingw-w64 provides the functions requires, there's no
> reason to use our own duplicate versions. Let's keep the define and remove
> msvcrt/snprintf.o for all mingw-w64 versions.

You guys are missing the point.

We *need* mscrt/snprintf.o for all MinGW32 versions, and all MinGW-w64 versions
that are less than 3.

The point of using it for older verions is to enable mingw's printf,
which is more c99 compliant (%z etc).

tl;dr leave it as is.

Sincerely, the author of the patch that added it in FFmpeg in the first place

- Derek