[FFmpeg-devel] UINT64_C definition

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Wed Dec 4 13:12:45 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com>
To: "FFmpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] UINT64_C definition

> Hi Don,
>

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Don Moir <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I use c++ and for me at least UINT64_C and INT64_C are defined in
>> inttypes.h.
>>
>> The check for UINT64_C in common.h is done before the #include
>> <inttypes.h> so get error. Not sure where it is supposed to be defined and
>> easy work around but letting you know.
>

> CXXFLAGS+=-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS=1
>
> Ronald

Would this be appropriate and possibly more convienent? Works fine this way without additional BS since you are doing the test
anyway or is there another reason to use CXXFLAGS? Only real reason for change is to reduce propagation for things like this to
everyone using c++. No point in using CXXFLAGS or is there?

in common.h

Change from:

#if defined(__cplusplus) && !defined(__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS) && !defined(UINT64_C)
#error missing -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS / #define __STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS
#endif