[FFmpeg-devel] DVB Subtitles

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 3 13:23:43 CET 2013

I have a stream which is in 1280x720 format and when i overlay the subtitles they are small and to the left, which i am guessing is due to them being made for 720x576 displays.

My question is, using the extra code -filter_complex '[0:v][0:s:1] overlay, scale=iw/2:ih/2', how can this be changed to rescale the subtitles so they match the screen resolution.

I tried

-filter_complex '[0:s:1] scale=iw:ih [subs],[0:v][subs] overlay, scale=iw/2:ih/2'

but im guessing the iw:ih in the 1st scale is the iw:ih of the subs, so it wont change
 anything.

Now looking at the code i see the following

[mpegts @ 0x1ba72f80] sub2video: using canvas 1280x720

Which leads me to guess this is the problem, as the dvb subs decode will be drawing a 720x576 onto the 1280x720 screen.

So any ideas on how we get the correct dvb subs on screen for an input other than 720x576

joolz