[FFmpeg-devel] Fork and customize ffmpeg

Bui Phuc Duyet (Francesc) francesc.zuyet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 17:24:01 CEST 2013

Hi FFMpeg developers,

First, I'd like to be sorry if my email may contain non-technical terms
because I'm a student doing some research on FFMpeg.

My final year research is about energy-efficient video, in which it should
output a color-mapped [I] frame (in MPEG, MP4) rather than the original
output. The colormapping (alternating the output frame's color) should be
done in ffmpeg's function (may it be avcodec_decode_video2?).

Because I am such a beginner and use ffmpeg as source for research, may you
suggest a developer guide on how ffmpeg is structured, and how to tackle
the output problem as I mentioned?

This research is for academic/personal use, for which I will fork ffmpeg to
my own repo and conform to open-source policy.

Thank you very much for your help, and sorry for my English and my lack of
knowledge in the field.

--
*Best Regards*

*BUI Phuc Duyet (Francesc) (Mr)*
National University of Singapore
School of Computing - Communications and Media (Bachelor Year 4)
HP: (65) 93422428
E: *francesc.zuyet at gmail.com*
    *bpduyet at nus.edu.sg*