[FFmpeg-devel] [LOGO] Font for "FFmpeg" wordmark

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Tue Aug 6 21:51:43 CEST 2013

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 20:05:13 -0700, Timothy Gu wrote:

> A various of purposes. Two of them are a) that I think it would be
> better to also provide a vector format to the Submitting Logo wiki
> page and b) having the SVG logo in git repo (I don't care which,
> ffmpeg or ffmpeg-web) is always good for SVG logo-finder.

Sounds good to me. I am just unsure of the license situation. Would
including the logo with the source code imply that it is also covered
by GPL? I don't think Herve gave explicit permission for it to be under
such a license, and I'm not yet sure if that would be a good idea
anyway, so a separate license or clause may be required to go with the
logo. However, I'm not a lawyer and this sort of stuff is beyond me.

> Also, use a free software vector image editor (I can see that you are
> using Adobe Illustrator).

I had a feeling someone would complain about that. Attached is a
version digested by Inkscape, aligned, and with the cruft removed.

Lou