[FFmpeg-devel] OpenEXR Encoder Intentions

Vincent Olivier vincent at up4.com
Sun Apr 28 23:02:41 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-28, at 3:31 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Vincent Olivier <vincent <at> up4.com> writes:
>
>> I forked the code on github here :
>> https://github.com/up4/FFmpeg
>>
>> I renamed libavcodec/exr.c into libavcodec/exrdec.c.
>
> Did you use git move ?
> (You should, the commitdiff looks surprising to me.)

Yes, must have been a bit sloppy though. Don't worry. I will do a clean 1-step commit once I'm ready to have the patch submitted.

>> I created:
>>
>> -  libavcodec/exr.c
>
>> -  libavcodec/exr.h
>
> (You of course only need this file if there is
> something to share.)

There will.

>> -  libavcodec/exrenc.c
>
> The change in line 146 of allcodecs.c is missing.

Yes, I didn't commit that, but when I do and change this line:

REGISTER_DECODER(EXR,               	exr);

to this line

REGISTER_ENCDEC(EXR,               	exr);

The config file actually includes the "exr" encoder, but exrenc.c and exrdec.c still don't get compiled. I'm super bad at make & config files and packaging in general. Where are all the places I need to tell the config/make process that I added new compile units? "allcodecs.c" doesn't seem like the only place.

Thanks.

Vincent