[FFmpeg-devel] Wave header

Daniel Verkamp daniel at drv.nu
Fri Apr 19 06:10:02 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 6:39 AM, Виталий <vitalik1231 at yandex.ru> wrote:
> FFmpeg 0.8.14 generate correctly wav header (44 bytes), how can I patch-back latest ffmpeg to generate wav header like 0.8.14 ?

The short answer: add '-flags +bitexact' to the FFmpeg command line.

This inhibits the "encoder" metadata (see libavformat/mux.c:336), so
no extra chunks will be written.

It would still be interesting to know what (broken) programs do not
accept WAV files with arbitrary chunks in the header; this is also a
worry for -rf64 auto mode (which is currently not enabled by default).

Thanks,
-- Daniel Verkamp