[FFmpeg-devel] x11 output device for libavdevice

Moguillansky, Jeff Jeff.Moguillansky at am.sony.com
Tue Apr 16 00:59:22 CEST 2013

Thanks Paul,
I looked at the mpv/mplayer XVideo source code (vo_xv.c) as a reference.
Here's a new xvideo.c file that checks that the driver supports I420 (using XvListImageFormats).  Todo: add support for other formats, and conversion, etc.
Btw, SDL internally can use XVideo extension.  Maybe there's no need for xvideo device.  It would be nice to enable hardware acceleration in sdl.c.  ffplay source code uses sdl with hardware acceleration.

 Is that ok if I send the xvideo.c file instead of a patch file?

Thanks,
Jeff