[FFmpeg-devel] MinGW-w64 x86_64 spams warning: -fPIC ignored for target

Christophe Gisquet christophe.gisquet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 08:51:03 CEST 2013

2013/4/8 Gianluigi Tiesi <mplayer at netfarm.it>:
> mingw-w64 on x86_64 targets always defines __PIC__ and __pic__
> but warns when passing -fPIC as gcc option:
> warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent) [enabled by default]

I can confirm that (4.6.x also), but I don't know which versions of
gcc are affected. It has existed since at least February 2012.
Note: I think the flag is added to ASFLAGS too, and removing it from
the generated config.mak too does not cause any issue, so probably
it's safe to entirely omit it

--
Christophe