[FFmpeg-devel] Java Api's (Android) for ffmpeg

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Apr 2 16:09:26 CEST 2013

On 2 Apr 2013, at 12:35, Maxim Polijakowski <max_pole at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 31.03.2013 16:56, schrieb Talha Malik:
>> Hi
>> We are trying to develop a media player on android platform. The idea of
>> the android application is that it records a video with modified sound i.e.
>> pitch and frequency is changed.
>> For this purpose we are trying to use some open source libraries since
>> Android audio libraries do not provide such features.
>>
>> We have done some research and found *ffmpeg* to be one of the most widely
>> used libraries by developers.
>>
>> I am wondering whether you can point me to any *java api's* for *ffmpeg.*
>
> One possible solution woul be JavaCPP: http://code.google.com/p/javacpp/

There are other, possibly (?) more mature projects listed on our "projects" page.
On a quick look I found JFFmpeg and Xuggler.
People from the latter I remember being involved a bit in FFmpeg development, which I always consider an important point, that a project demonstrated an ability to cooperate with upstream.