[FFmpeg-devel] Newbie

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 14:50:16 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 06:12:45PM +0530, Selva kumar wrote:
> I'm trying to understand the arch of ffmpeg source. where do I start. any
> papers on it??

https://www.ffmpeg.org/about.html describe the purpose of each library.

Then each program has a .c in the root directory (ffmpeg.c, ffplay.c, ...)
with sometimes a split with a few others in that same root directory.

Each library mostly has everything at the root of its directory, except
for arch-specific code (like libavcodec/x86).

Also, various specific documentation can be found in the doc/ directory.

--
Clément B.