[FFmpeg-devel] PNG output horrible...

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Sep 10 09:46:15 CEST 2012

Quoting Peter Tap <ptrtap at yahoo.com>:

> ok. I did some more experiment. Looks like the problem is not
> necessarily with the png encoder. I tried to write raw frame data as
> .ppm file (without the need for any encoder). However, even this
> image has quality issues.
>
> Could it be the problem with sws_getContext/sws_scale? Perhaps I am
> not setting some parameter correctly.

I didn't see any link to any PNG you've generated, but just in case,
here's a short description of a YUV422-to-RGB "quality issue" I've
been having a while ago:

http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/mthk/examples/color_problem/problem.html

Anyway, it would be great if you could post example images somewhere...

Pb