[FFmpeg-devel] Extend/optimize RGB to RGB conversions funcs into rgb2rgb.c

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Sep 10 00:04:06 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 9 Sep 2012, at 23:00, yann.lepetitcorps at free.fr wrote:
> Here is the .diff file about rgb32torgb24() and rgb24torgb32() funcs
> modifications as generated by the command "git diff"
>
> => is it on the good format ?

Yes, though git send-mail or similar (which includes a commit message) would be even better.
Also, not top-posting would be appreciated.
Though one thing I wonder is why exactly that is faster, and why your compiler can't figure out how to optimize it on its own.
There is also a bit the issue that compared to NEON-optimizing the code this is rather a very minor optimization.