[FFmpeg-devel] [NOPATCH] lavfi/mp: remove rectangle wrapped filter

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:40:04 CET 2012

On date Tuesday 2012-10-30 21:17:57 +0100, Clément Bœsch encoded:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 09:00:29PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > All the features in mp=rectangle have been ported to drawbox, which
> > has an equivalent syntax.
>
> Shouldn't we support the command thing to move the rectangle? I think it's
> useful when mixed with features like face detection or something. But I'm
> OK with removing it anyway since AFAIK it's not yet possible to inject
> commands and get them honored in the mp=rectangle at the moment anyway.
>
> And while we are at removing filters, what about dropping:
>

>  - mp=hqdn3d: the native version we have has assembly and seems way ahead
>    the mp version

No objections, from me, but I'd ask the persons which have worked on
the native variant.

>  - mp=tile: any missing feature in the native one?

Maybe Nicolas can comment.

>  - mp=dsize: isn't it possible to do the same with the evaluator in
>    swscale?

Possibly.

>  - mp=fixpts: setpts isn't enough?

Can't say without looking at the code, although the equivalent
expression for setpts may be complex, so it would make sense to
support fixpts at least as a wrapper around setpts.

>  - mp=down3dright: might be a little convoluted with scale/crop/overlay,
>    but should be possible

No idea how it works.
--
FFmpeg = Fantastic and Frightening Mere Peaceless Educated Guide