[FFmpeg-devel] donations

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Tue Oct 30 11:37:49 CET 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Peter B. <pb at das-werkstatt.com> wrote:
> On 10/27/2012 04:20 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Don Moir <donmoir <at> comcast.net> writes:
>>
>>> SPI looks like a generalized place to make donations
>>> for Software in the Public Interest.
>>>
>>> I only looked briefly, but how do you make a donation
>>> to just the ffmpeg group rather than generalized ?
>> A 100% certain way is to look at http://ffmpeg.org/donations.html
>> (even briefly) and follow the "Click&Pledge" link.
>>
> I would be interested in a way which is suitable for companies to pay
> donations to FFmpeg.
> Here in Austria, you need a legal entity which is registered somewhere
> somehow in order to be able to donate to that entity as a company.
>
> The SPI dontains page [1] makes it sounds like there is way to transfer
> money to an account, unless using US-dollar checkes or money order.
>
> What would be the preferred and legally correct way of donating money as
> an Austrian company to FFmpeg?

I'm not sure if that helps you in Austria but as far as my research
has shown, using the ffis (http://www.ffis.de/) to make donations to
SPI at least seems to work for german companies (work in terms of tax
deductability and simple money transfer). Since Austria and Germany
are sometimes not so different legally, it might work for you too but
you would have to verify this.