[FFmpeg-devel] donations

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Oct 27 00:55:12 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 04:37:06PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> >> It might be easier to donate/get more donations if you provided a link
> >> to paypal, kind of like what VLC does on the top of their page.
> >> And/or a dwolla page or bitcoin hash.
> >> Though I do appreciate the tax deductible aspect :)
> >
> > Yes, i agree
> >
> > the question is how can we do this in practice ?
> > SPI does not offer paypal or similar
>
> You could setup a (wiki?) page describing the various options, then
> setup a paypal receipt page that just forwards it on to wherever (as
> long as people know they won't be getting a tax write off :)
> Maybe. If that addresses your question or problem here.

if someone creates a paypal account and we use that and that paypal
account owner then transfers these funds to SPI then that person may
have to pay TAX on this transferred money. This might differ alot
between countries, i dunno

Those who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.