[FFmpeg-devel] some options not showing up in documentation html?

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:52:39 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:37:31AM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I noticed that the documentation from this commit:
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/a714150827c70f8b
>
> doesn't show in the html output:
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
>
> (though it does show up in ffmpeg -h full).
>
> It confused me, when I went to the documentation and it appeared to
> not be an option, since I thought it had been added recently (it had).
>
> If it were me I would try and DRY up the documentation somehow, but
> just pointing it out for now.
> Cheers!

Ah right I didn't documented it in doc/muxers.texi, sorry about that. I'll
try to find some time to do it by the end of the week; it shouldn't take
long but time is precious ;)

You might want to propose a patch as well; the basic idea is to add the
faststart flag with -mov_flags +faststart. It might be slow, and it's not
available in various scenarios (like fragmented output) so not activated
by default.

--
Clément B.