[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Doc Camp

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Sat Oct 13 08:52:20 CEST 2012

On Oct 12, 2012 8:10 PM, "compn" <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> >The Doc Camp will consist of 2 major components - an unconference and
> >2-4 short (3 day) Book Sprints to produce books for the selected
> >projects.
>
> mmm. cant even get people to read the manual, docs, mailing lists,
> forums, howtos we have now. yay more books!

I think there is a lot of useful documentation, but the primary problem I
see is that it's scattered. What FFmpeg really needs is organized, we'll
structured documentation and tutorials. Dranger's are the best organized
but incompatible with the current API, and to someone just getting into
FFmpeg and audio/video, it's not obvious how to update it all.

We've got useful documentation, but it's so scattered and often
disorganized or not presented well (i.e. a massive wall of text) that I
think it's problematic.