[FFmpeg-devel] build failure on osx 10.5.8 ppc

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Oct 8 00:06:18 CEST 2012

On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 03:11:05PM -0600, Pavel Koshevoy wrote:
> On 10/7/12 3:03 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> >>OK, but I also need something to exercise that code path.  It
> >>appears to be multi-channel audio related.  I have a sample file
> >>that should work (wmv 5.1 channels flt samples).  How can I see the
> >>timing results?  I am running this command:
> >>
> >>./ffmpeg_g -i /nfs/scratch/DataSets/Video/multiChannelAudio/5.1\ ch\
> >>48k\ Robotica.wmv -acodec flac /tmp/benchmark-unrolled.flac
> >they should be printed to the terminal.
> >to make sure that code executes at all try to put something like
> >a av_assert0(0) there or derefer a null ptr or something
>
> I added a NULL pointer de-reference and it didn't crash, so that
> tells me I am not exercising that code path.
>
> Any other suggestions, or should we give up on the benchmark?  I
> need to go clean the house and then work on a patch for fontconfig
> :)

compress a mp3 of your choice to .m4a with ffmpeg and then
try to decompress it, it should excercise the code
or take aac/al04_44.mp4 from the fate suite as a random samplle that
should use the code

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.