[FFmpeg-devel] build failure on osx 10.5.8 ppc

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Oct 7 22:22:25 CEST 2012

On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 01:55:17PM -0600, Pavel Koshevoy wrote:
> On 10/7/12 1:44 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >About how to solve this, can you benchmark your patch against simply
> >reverting this ?
>
> Is there some benchmarking facility for this, or can you recommend
> how I should do this?

START/STOP_TIMER but i do not know how well this works on ppc

> Also, I am still a git noob and any help with
> reverting would be appreciated, although I can always google it.

git revert <funny number identifying the commit>

[...]

thanks

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.