[FFmpeg-devel] dshow: patches for adding some debug output, using more standardized codec table for lookup

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Oct 4 21:40:58 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 01:30:31PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> > Patch 0001 is ok. Patch 0002 seems to miss MKTAG('m', 'j', 'p', 'g').
>
> Does anybody use lower case 'mjpg' in the wild?...it seemed from the
> devices I tested that nobody does but I'd be happy to be corrected...
> I'll ping the committer for that particular commit and if there's no
> response in a bit post back here...

i dunno if lower case is used (wouldnt assume it isnt though)
but if its just about ff_codec_get_id() then this should be a non
issue as it matches ignoring case.

[....]

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact