[FFmpeg-devel] Donations via ffis

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:50:15 CET 2012

On date Tuesday 2012-11-27 00:40:08 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos encoded:
> Stefano Sabatini <stefasab <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I could add more, but what I was asking for was a
> > suggestion of a crowd-funding service (I could name
> > at least two).
>
> Sorry for the noise, I misunderstood!
>
> > And since I'm not sure we can rely on SPI for that,
> > we would have also to register as a non-profit and
> > pay taxes and account for it, which is fine, but may
> > complicate things a bit.
>
> From past discussions and experience, I don't think this
> is something we should target.

This should not prevent a single developer to create such a project
himself (provided she verified that her project is feasible and she
can accomplish the proposed task).

I'm toying with the idea to create a small crowd-funded project
myself.
--
FFmpeg = Fiendish Forgiving Magical Philosofic Elected Geek