[FFmpeg-devel] Select the right format

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 01:04:46 CET 2012

On date Sunday 2012-11-25 16:41:12 +0000, Mark Himsley encoded:
> Suppose I wanted to add more 8 bit YUV formats to be accepted by the
> overlay filter.
>
> I don't see how I can do it right now.
>
> Because, for YUV, the MAIN and OVERLAY inputs have to match:
>  yuv420p (or yuva420p [1]) on the MAIN with yuva420p on the OVERLAY
>
> I want to add:
>  yuv422p (or yuva422p) on the MAIN with yuva422p on the OVERLAY
>  yuv444p (or yuva444p) on the MAIN with yuva444p on the OVERLAY
>
> The only way I can see to enable those is to pass a 'format' argument to
> the overlay filter.
>
> Can anyone think of a more elegant method, before I start coding a
> 'format' argument method?
>
> Thanks :-)

I see no other way (but it's 1AM here and my brain is tired).

Maybe we could generalize the rgb param, and introduce a new option to
accept the *class* of accepted formats (rgb8, yuv420, yuv422, yuv444).

Thanks.
--
FFmpeg = Fierce Formidable Minimalistic Political Eager Gadget