[FFmpeg-devel] c99wrap.exe and c99conv.exe

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:11:22 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 02:57:22PM -0500, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> On 21/11/2012 2:52 PM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> > This is not a trust problem, more a project goal and basic
> > interrogation, and what's going on with it. It seems you are actually the
> > person over-thinking and inventing problems here, that's also a bit sad.
>
> I assume you meant integration.

No, I believe it is interrogation/questioning.

> And all three of the authors have specifically said it is supposed to be generic
> and any breakage in FFmpeg is considered a bug in the converter. On many occasions.
> Over many months.

I didn't really hear that, and maybe that would have applied to the
project as standalone, not associated with another one, I don't know; the
question just sounds legitimate to ask to me.

> This is apparently not enough. So tell me, if it's not a trust issue,
> (as in you don't believe us), what is it?

As I said, the URL suggested that maybe this was the c99-to-c89 version
designed for a specific project (for things that still may not be
supported in a generic way, I don't know). Please have some tolerance for
people not following closely the project like me; this libav/c99-to-c89
could have been a fork from the original project with libav-specific
things. (How can I word this for the 10th time differently?).

--
Clément B.