[FFmpeg-devel] help me in use ffmpeg

mashiat.sarker at gmail.com mashiat.sarker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:26:01 CET 2012

On 11/12/2012 10:13 PM, 王琳 wrote:
> hello,
>       I use msys build ffmpeg-1.0.When I run ffplay.exe in dos,it has no printf info out.
>   I have configure --enable-debug --enable-debug=3,but no effect.How I do to use dos output?

What exactly do you mean by printf info? I don't think you can even use
printf inside ffmpeg without triggering a compile error, unless you have
#undef-ed it first. Try using av_log(). Look into the existing code for
example.

Whether you will see the messages printed by av_log depends on the
loglevel. So for example if you write:

av_log(NULL, AV_LOG_DEBUG, "Some message.\n");

then you need to run ffmpeg with -loglevel debug to see that message.
Hope this helps.

-Shakkhar