[FFmpeg-devel] donations

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:51:03 CET 2012

On date Thursday 2012-11-08 08:51:03 +0100, Robert Krüger encoded:
[...]
> My understanding is that FFIS is cooperating with SPI by accepting
> payments for them (they do other stuff as well but that does not matter in
> this context). My interpretation would be that FFIS then does not need to
> have any association with ffmpeg because they just forward everything to
> SPI but that needs to be confirmed, of course. That's why I contacted them.

I confirm this, FFIS offered to piggy-back donations on behalf of SPI,
which makes possible to get tax-exempt donations in Europe, and allows
to get donations through means which are not directly supported by SPI
(e.g. bank transfer). Assoli (an Italian-based foundation promoting
free software) is another option for European donors.

Regarding paypal donations, they are not directly supported by
SPI/FFIS. It would be possible to use that payment method by creating
a commercial personal account, but would not be tax-exempt for both
the donor and the receiver, same for crowd-sourcing services so we
still need to figure out if we can do that through external
organizations (SPI or others) or find some way to handle the fiscal
issues in a convenient way.

Thanks for your interest.
--
FFmpeg = Funny & Furious Mythic Powerful Ecletic God