[FFmpeg-devel] donations

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Nov 7 21:32:09 CET 2012

On 11/05/2012 04:25 PM, Robert Krüger wrote:
> I will do that. I have contacted the FFIS via email to get an official
> confirmation of what I have read at other inofficial sources but so far the
> FFIS has not responded. Maybe I'll try it via telephone.
Thanks for contacting them!
Any update on this?

In my case there's currently a pending payment from a company, and it
must be done before the end of the year. Unfortunately, that company
isn't very motivated to pay for Free Software, but in that case they
theoretically have to (long story).
So if they can't properly put it in the accounting, I'm afraid they
might try to sneak out of the arrangement, if the payment is too much
hassle for them :(
(Sucks, but you know business mentality...)

btw: I don't see FFmpeg listed on the FFIS's page of associated projects
[1].
What's the actual status of this - or are there even plans for that?

Thanks,
Pb