[FFmpeg-devel] Poor quality from trunk / how to post process?

Kevin Kowalewski kowalewski.kevin.bulk at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:32:01 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I've upgraded my ffmpeg to the latest from trunk and have found the quality
has all of  sudden gotten worse when decoding various stream types, namely
H.264 and WMV. I see very obvious gradients and jaggy edges in the video
being decoded.

Does anyone know any additional params I need to provide to decode the
video in the highest quality possible? sws_scale is used to scale the
decoded image before rending to an SDL_Open GL surface.

Kevin