[FFmpeg-devel] vrk's alternate summer logo, v2

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:08:52 CEST 2012

On date Thursday 2012-05-17 21:12:59 -0700, Victoria Kirst encoded:
> Made a few tweaks to my previous submission:
>  - acolwell cleverly observed that the zigzag can be made into a snake,
> quite befitting a desert theme! done.
>  - added shadows, since they seemed to be popular
>  - polished up a few things here and there
>
> What do people think about using this logo?

The idea of the snake is bright indeed, still what it represents is
not immediately obvious at first look, a hissing tongue or just a more
apparent eye might do the trick.

The idea of the flower on the cactus on the right side is nice, maybe
can be developed more (e.g. adding more flowers).

Regarding the FFmpeg text, maybe it could be done more "real", for
example it could be rendered like a western-like road-sign.

I like the funny moustached sun with sun-glasses ;-).

Overall looks pretty nice, thanks.
--
FFmpeg = Frightening and Freak Most Prodigious Elitarian Gadget