[FFmpeg-devel] A question about Stagefright library

Mohamed Naufal naufal11 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 21:23:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 13 May 2012 22:46, 宋骐 <songqi1990 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to bother you,
> I have another question,if h264.c in libavcodec is just for software decode
> and libstagefright is just for hardware decode?I'm now trying to use
> stagefright in Android directly to do H/W decoder.

The libstagefright decoder in ffmpeg interfaces with the android
stagefright library. Stagefright is a wrapper over the iomx/omx layer
in android. The actual codec implementation in this layer can be
either in software (as in emulators) or hardware (most devices).

To build ffmpeg with libstagefright, run tools/build_libstagefright.
To use it in your application, you'll have to link against these
android libs: libstagefright.so, libbinder.so, libutils.so,
libmedia.so.

Regards,
Naufal