[FFmpeg-devel] superfluous log messages

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Thu May 10 11:11:41 CEST 2012

For some files, numerous log messages are output. These are sometimes useful during development but pretty much useless otherwise.

I go ahead and set my own log callback via av_log_set_callback that does nothing so as to prevent further processing.

Does anyone think it would be useful to call av_log_set_callback (NULL) ?

av_log would just check for a NULL av_log_callback and do nothing if NULL.

av_vlog would probably need to check for NULL as well.

This would also prevent a potential crash by checking for NULL if someone happens to do that.