[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libvorbis decoder wraper

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat May 5 14:56:35 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 10:57:25AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> This puts the libvorbis wraper back (updated to todays API)
> I needed this for the ogg/vorbis timestmp/seeking fixes. Not sure if it
> should be applied or left for reference in the ML / a branch

I think one of the reasons for discarding it (besides avoiding what for
almost all would be useless bloat - since it is not possible to have
only the encoder without the decoder) is that it forces people to
report and fix issues with the native decoder instead of just using
libvorbis.
I don't object to adding it back though, but be careful not to add
extra dependencies in a default build, I think nowadays the vorbis
encode and decode functions are in separate .so files?
Also I'd be curious what exactly you needed it for, how did you
use it for the timestamp/seeking fixes?
Why wasn't our decoder "good enough" for whatever you did?