[FFmpeg-devel] Dynamic Video Generation Application

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 12:03:32 CEST 2012

On date Saturday 2012-03-24 20:41:21 -0700, FlatLander Editor encoded:
> Sirs,
>

> I have a simple application in mind - the creation of video using text and
> photos as a source.  Surprisingly, I find no usable pre-written application
> available.  Perhaps you know of some or perhaps you can tell me if ffmpeg
> and related source libraries would be an appropriate tool with which to
> create such an application.  Videos are to be deployed over the web so I
> anticipate flash or html5 will be the preferred format.

It depends on how much complex your application is, and how much
coding/scripting you're willing to do.

Image->video can be done through the image2 demuxer, for text
overlaying you can either use the ass filter or drawtext. You can
generate events and send them to the filtergraph, e.g. for changing
the parameters used by drawtext on the fly depending on timestamps, but
this feature is underdocumented.
--
FFmpeg = Free & Fascinating Multimedia Purposeless Esoteric Guru