[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] logos

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 24 00:19:55 CET 2012

> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> We have a spring logo at:
>> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2011/7204204
>> should we put it up? if yes from when to when ?
>
>   IMHO at least the winter logo should be put down soon. I didn't
> yet look at all these spring versions.

I kind of dislike the font in these spring versions but that's hardly an
objection if anyone wants them in.

>> also thilo brought up a great idea ... a logo maintainer.
>> Any volunteers?

I assume we have some scripting capabilities on the webserver? PHP eventually
that should keep our page in plain HTML?
Should be easy to define a date depending logo-loader with such things.
I can try to script one with my almost nonexisting talents in that area if
nobody else feels challenged by that.
"Maintenance" included, Michael has enough things to do of much more importance.

>> Ideally would be some artist who might be interrested in regularly
>> creating new logos for FFmpeg or he could organize some logo contests
>
>   I like the contest idea. If an artist wants to take care of FFmpeg
> artwork that would be great. Also she could probably set up the contest
> and let it reach more other artists. I assume that not that many artists
> are listening here on the development mailing list.

-Thilo