[FFmpeg-devel] GPU Hardware Acceleration [was Re: openCL support]

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Mar 15 10:32:17 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 01:08:40AM +0100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> >> Thanks Michael for your valuable feedback.
> >>
> >> Of these items can we prioritise them for development? They are all
> >> useful
> >> but which would have the most benefit?
> >
> > maybe spp as its too slow in its highest quality setting
> >

> But you're not sure ;-)  Do other devs want to add their 2c?

If you really care about this: Get something started (preferably even
something simpler that spp), get the infrastructure in and then look
for something useful.
People trying to do "something useful" usually end up frustrated and
give up before anything came out of it at all, so if you just manage to
do something completely useless that would be great progress compared
to that.