[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC 2012

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Mar 11 21:15:35 CET 2012

Le duodi 22 ventôse, an CCXX, Stefano Sabatini a écrit :
> I wanted to add support to more widget toolkits (GTK, Enlightenment,
> Qt), but never managed to get there (at least in the case of GTK the
> API seems too convoluted for rendering video in a window, most GTK
> applications rely on gstreamer for that).

As for Gtk+, the problem does not lies in the API itself, but more probably
in the tutorials: the tutorials and gstreamer both come from freedesktop,
aka the project to port the Moore-Gates Law to Linux.

MPlayer's GUI for Unix is built on Gtk+, and I think we would have noticed
if it used gstreamer.

Actually, Gtk+ lets us get the XID of the underlying windows for its wigets:
if we have X11/Xv output, Gtk+-X11 comes automatically.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George