[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2012

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Mar 11 17:36:19 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 04:28:23PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2012, at 15:37, Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On date Tuesday 2012-03-06 23:53:32 +0100, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> >> On date Tuesday 2012-03-06 19:43:33 +0100, Stefano Sabatini encoded
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Application submitted.
> >>
> >> Check timeline here:
> >> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012
> >>
> >> Applications evaluation will start on 12th of March and will last
> >> until 16th of March, in which date the list of accepted organizations
> >> will be published.
> >>
> >> In the meanwhile, I invite candidate mentors to fill our ideas page
> >> here:
> >> wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_of_Code_2012
> >>
> >> or contact us on this mailing list if you want to propose more ideas.
> >>
> >> (I'll ping this request a few times before the evaluation period
> >> starts.)
> >
> > PING!
> >
> > Tomorrow the application evaluation process will start, and we still
> > have only two mentored tasks.
>
> I see 4 right now. I can happily add the MPEG-4 one I suggested, but I will have a hard time mentoring two things, so I'd certainly need at least someone to say that they think it a good idea.

also, its unlikely every project that is added to the page will find
a student willing to do it, less so a qualified student so having
2 projects there is a long way from having 2 students that will
actually work on these projects ...

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. -- Lao Tsu