[FFmpeg-devel] FireWire DV/HDV input device using libiec61883

Georg Lippitsch georg.lippitsch at gmx.at
Sat Jun 30 16:35:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

since it's quite a long time ago I posted my first version of the FireWire
input patch, I start a new thread.
Here is a new version of the patch, which uses the new Linux kernel
FireWire stack and libiec61883 instead of the old deprecated one.

I fixed most of the issues discussed in the former thread, and also
rewrote the capture loop using threads. This allows stable operation, even
if iec61883_read_packet() is not called frequently enough. If incoming
frames are not processed fast enough, they can be buffered up to a
specified limit.

Regards,

Georg