[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SOCIS 2012

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 11:21:39 CEST 2012

Hi all,

ESA is organizing a new edition of SOCIS (Summer Of Code In Space):
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/

The previous year FFmpeg partecipated to the program, so we could
apply this year as well.

We can reuse the ideas proposed for SOCIS 2011 or GSOC 2012:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_/_Libav_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space_2011
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_of_Code_2012

I can act as administrator if there are no other volunteers, but I'm
less enthusiastic about being a mentor myself.

Since the time is short we need to provide a list of candidate tasks
and mentors as soon as possible, in order to be able to publicize the
program and get some interested students in, and a list of backup
mentors.

I don't think that FFmpeg is going to get more than one slot if any,
in case we have more tasks/students, the task more suited to the
ESA/SOCIS objectives/interests should be selected.
--
FFmpeg = Fundamental Formidable Mean Peaceless Eretic God