[FFmpeg-devel] Blackmagic DeckLink indev

Dave Rice daverice at mac.com
Fri Jun 15 21:38:34 CEST 2012

On Jun 15, 2012, at 3:26 PM, Richard Buteau wrote:

> [...]

I'm not in a rush, but interested to begin testing this. I notice that the patch from Julian seems based around 8 bit uyvy422 video and 16 bit audio. I'd like to get it working with 10 bit video and 24 audio, basically mimicing the av data of the SDI input.

> Joolz sent me his patch last month I have been added features since then . (format auto detection,  port selection, and card selection and fix few minor bugs in error case)
> I have a couple thing I want to add before I submit it back is the sdi audio channel map and I would like to try to get the card to pass AC3 over the embedded audio if possible.
>
> I thinking of doing the following
> Add -sdi_audio_channel_map or -sdi_acm for short
> The command would use a line of a string of hex character with a separator for the codec name
> I am thinking of have
> a command like this -sdi_acm 012345 -sdi_acm 67 -sdi_acm 89 -sdi_acm AB -sdi_acm CD -sdi_acm EF
>
> this would map :
> channels 1-6 in respective order to ffmpeg input stream 1
> channels 7-8 in respective order to ffmpeg input stream 2
> channels 9-10 in respective order to ffmpeg input stream 4
> channels 11-12 in respective order to ffmpeg input stream 5
> channels 13-14 in respective order to ffmpeg input stream 5
> channels 15-16 in respective order to ffmpeg input stream 6

This sounds reasonable, but why not use the existing -map_channel. I guess it would a lot more characters to express.

> As example if you need to swap two channel (left by the right)
> you would just need to flip the numbers. -sdi_acm 012345 would become -sdi_acm 102345
>
> if you don't want to use hex we could use actual channel number but we would need separator.
>
> For non pcm embedded audio:
> I could add codec for decode -sdi_acm 012345:PCM or  -sdi_acm 012345:AC3, this would default to PCM as it seems more common.
> (assuming we can get a software autodetection mode) We could -sdi_acm 012345:auto  or make that the default.
> Or we could use a separate command like -acodec for the codecs but I am not sure how that would behave with the indev as it's not a codec.
> I am not sure any of the non-pcm audio would work with decklink cards. Is there anyone that tried that?

I haven't though I may have the equipment to test it.

I would also be interested in accepted the timecode of the sdi to the output. I see the Blackmagic SDK tools will output timecode per frame.

Dave Rice