[FFmpeg-devel] DVB Subtitles

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jun 10 15:17:56 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 01:12:11PM +0100, JULIAN GARDNER wrote:
> Just pulled a new build and started trying my test dvb subtitles streams and NONE work, get loads of errors about DTS being wrong on the subtitle stream.
>
> Is there ongoing work to fix these or is dvb subtitles being left for dead?
>

> I did read a bit about the timeout, and someone saying that they are never about 20 seconds, well from my work i have seen dvb subs used to put a small channel icon on screen, and was present for nearly 2 hours.

Some "subtitles" may be present for 2 hours but the packets likely
get repeated at intervals shorter than 20 seconds otherwise one could
not start playback of such a stream from the middle. And i find even
20seconds unlikely long for that. That would implicate if one tuned
to a channel and started watching the channel logo would be missing
for 20 seconds in some cases

> Also the timeout sent is used as a "get out of jail", for removal in case of corrupted streams.
>
> Should i look into fixing it again, and if so what has been done to the chain as the last time i fixed it, and added hard subtitles, i used the deinterlace funstion to add hard subtitles to the output.

maybe nicolas and ubitux could comment here

Those who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.