[FFmpeg-devel] Output to text file from filter

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Tue Jul 10 16:13:38 CEST 2012

Hey,

I want to put BBC R&D's shot change detector into FFmpeg as a filter.
but, I need to know the frame number of the frames that were picked.

I'm not sure that just outputting to the log output is right for that,
so I'm thinking I should output to a "sidecar" file.

I've had a look, but I haven't found examples of that in FFmpeg. Does
anyone have a pointer to a file I can reference to ensure I do it the
FFmpeg way? Or suggest why I'm a mad-man?

Thanks.

--
Mark