[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SOCIS 2012

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:24:45 CEST 2012

On date Friday 2012-06-29 12:43:00 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> On date Friday 2012-06-29 12:37:47 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:21:39AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Since the time is short we need to provide a list of candidate tasks
> >
> > what is "short" when are the deadlines?
>
> About two weeks since now:
> http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/timeline

I created the SOCIS 2012 page on the wiki with a libavfilter task
mentored by me:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space_2012

To all interested candidate mentors and backup mentors:
update the page with your proposal(s) as soon as possible, or add your
name as backup mentor, ask a wiki account to Mike Melanson in case you
don't have one already.

I'll act as default backup mentor for all the tasks which have no
backup mentor. A backup project admin seems like a good idea
(Michael?).

I plan to send the application a few days before the deadline (15/07
11pm UTC), I'll send the application text for review on this list
during the weekend.

In case we have more candidates than allocated tasks, I'll discuss the
proposed tasks with the SOCIS admin and we'll select the one more
suited to the ESA/SOCIS objectives, assuming all the candidate
students seem equally qualified.

Thanks for your collaboration :-).
--
FFmpeg = Funny Fascinating Monstrous Ponderous Enigmatic Guide