[FFmpeg-devel] Fixing av_seek

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 00:46:40 CET 2012

Carl, you look at the file which only makes few changes, is small and you
will see. No one's forcing anything and I can fix it on my end, but I
thought I would share with you. You can do anything you want with it, but if
the changes are made, you should see ffplay start working with BuckBunny and
other ogg files better.

As mentioned, a couple changes in ogg_read_seek, and an additional function
to create the index entries if needbe. You can just replace ogg_read_seek
with the provided ogg_read_seek and add the function check_index_entries if
you want to test it to the file  libavformat\oggdec.c.

If I was setup to do patches in a reasonable amount of time I would but I
expained what I could in the emails. Compiling with MinG/Msys under windows
is half ass, and not being able to debug them is a problem but I can deal
with that. I will need to get a proper linux environment in place etc but
don't have time for that. It would be nice if I could compile ffmpeg under
Dev Studio. The intel compiler just about does it with many minor changes
but thats more time too and don't think there is any support from the ffmpeg
group for that.