[FFmpeg-devel] CrystalHD and ffmpeg probe behaviour

Philip Langdale philipl at overt.org
Sun Jan 22 22:50:39 CET 2012

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:09:40 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> Huh? I think decoders should not have pix_fmts set, so this
> should crash?

Oh, I didn't realise that. And I guess from your other patch that
there is much confusion in the code base over this one.

> The crystalhd decoders are actually kind of wrong on this.
> We probably should add a check that prints a warning when registering
> a decoder that has it set so we will catch this kind of inconsistency.
> So considering this you could just add a hack that checks the string
> for crystalhd...

Well, in that case I'll work on a way to propagate the -vcodec string
all the way through find_stream_info so that it can be used for the
decoder lookup. Then the probe codec and actual decoder will be the
same, which seems desirable.

--phil